Monday, December 26, 2005

12.26.05

Tonight has been a very relaxed evening. We spent the day out at my parent's house and enjoyed a little "birthday party for Jesus". My Dad can come up with some odd stuff, but it turned out to be a very good and memorable experience. I dinked around for quite a while and played, while Amelia chatted with the women. Playing so much there is something I need to get over. We left around 4 or 5 and got home in time to eat some food and then have FHE. Goals were our subject. I came up with a few really specific ones and Amelia came up with some good goals for her to work with. I may have gave her a hard time about it at first, but then I looked at the quote I put on our goal sheet from President Kimball. It said that goals should be set by the individual, and not someone else for them. I believe that. Tonight I cleaned the apartment and got the Christmas stuff put away. It gave me a lot of time to reflect on this holiday and the peace I feel. For Christmas, my Dad presented a history he had written of the past 10 years of our family's life and called it, "The Third Decade". Every paragraph reminds me of a vivid and happy memory. I can only hope that my life is filled with as many memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home