Thursday, February 16, 2006

Post Due date and Counting

Well, the doctor said, "when do you want to induce?" I was surprised by this because she never asked if I wanted to be induced. As I reacted slowly she continued her onslaught of questions. "What day do you want to do it?" "We can't do it on a weekend?" "How about monday at 6?" Finally, I was able to spit out, "I don't want to be induced." Since I plan to do this birthing thing all natural, I'm continuing to find it difficult to like my doctor who is so drug-happy, I wonder if she should be on the streets and not a doctor. The thing I find most disturbing is that everyone that sees her will most likely end up drug happy too. Drugs aren't bad but the lady doesn't even give me the option. I don't even think I'm due until the 17...I know its only 2 days but on top of that from my research, I've found that the first-baby is usually later than the due date. On top of that, all of my sisters and my mom have said most of their babies were later than due date from a day or two up to 10 days. Anyways, I AM ready to get this kid out but I'm willing to let a higher authority decide when, and not some doctor who doesn't care a lick if I'm drugged to high heaven.

2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Christen said...

You are SO close!! I told my doctor I'd like to try it natural and asked what her thoughts were on the matter. She basically said that's great, but to keep an open mind, etc. etc.- she's really good. I'm sorry you have a drug-happy-let's-induce doctor... stink! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jordy said...

I agree with Amelia. I don't know if anyone will ever know what this is like. The only thing I could compare our doctor to is a very very very manipulative, and intimidating person. Amelia did a really good job when she said, "STEP OFF!!! YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!". Just kidding, but she did stand her ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home