Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A continution of the thought I mentioned on Ryan's blog...

You know... I thought about it at work when I read it, and I thought about it on my 20 minute drive home, and I came to the conclusion that I could write way too much on the subject, and not be sure if it was all true. So, I'm just going to tell you what I think right here.

Malachi's prophesy seems to me to have a two way deal. Children turn to their fathers, and the fathers turn to their children. We rightly assume that "children to their fathers" means baptism for the dead, but what is meant by the fathers to the children? Does it simply mean our ancestors say "Hey! Thanks for doing my work!" I don't think so.

I'm trying not to be light minded talking about this, but we all hear some people mention experiences where they felt some ancestor was close. And what were they close for? To help with the pain and mourn with those that mourn. Hearing of those experiences is enough evidence for me to believe that the dead, who posthumously recieved their saving ordinances, are as Joseph Smith said; "Enveloped in flaming fire... not far from us.. know and understand our thoughts, feelings, and motions, and are often pained therewith" (Teachings, p. 326).

I'm sure they are pleased sometimes too.

1 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home