Friday, February 24, 2006

8.5

Another appointment has come and gone. My doctor actually freaked me out this time. Usually, I blow her off because I think she's drug happy. However, today she started talking about how the baby is 8.5 lbs already, and how he might be too big to come out if we don't induce. She talked about c-sections. She plans on having me go to the hospital Sunday night and start the induction process. I however, don't know that I'll be there Sunday night. I told her that and she set it up so that I have to call if I'm not going to be there. I'm hoping, praying I start having contractions so that I don't have to worry anymore about what is the right thing to do.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Christen said...

8.5 already!? Wowsers, that would scare me, too! I also don't want to be induced- my cousin's wife was just induced yesterday- a week early!! But she wanted to be. I also don't want to have a c-section! I will be praying and *hoping* you go into labor on your own and SOON!!!! Come out, Jonah!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Obviously I've never been pregnant or espoused to anyone who has been, but I'm a firm believer that God doesn't give us the ability to do anything that he patently would not want us to do under any circumstances.

Of course, then again, I can appreciate the idea of a 'pure' birthing process.

I just wouldn't discount the advice to induce on any theological grounds, that's all.

Just my two cents.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Christen said...

My mom and I are on pins and needles waiting to hear if Jonah has arrived!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home