Sunday, May 14, 2006

Half way there...

That title might make you think this is a story about a mishap driving from Texas to Utah, but it's not. Just a quick notice that we are now homeless! Yesterday we got our apartment emptied and the place cleaned and locked by 2pm. Without all the help we had, we probably would have been there twice as long.

My Dad showed up around 11:30-45 with a truck he borrowed from work. He packed that thing so full of stuff and so high that he again looked like He-Man in the eyes of his son. (I know this is Mother's Day, but I just have to tell all this so you know how amazing he is) With the truck he took a load of dead foiliage to the dump, two loads of our stuff from Irving to Lewisville, then he took the couch we used back over to Brant's in Little Elm (north of the Colony), and brought a chair back for my mom. That's at least 250 miles, all from 8am, until about 3:30.

Moving out of that apartment was a real chore with a baby. Another thing we had going was the fact that Amelia has been working on Mother's Day Books when she gets some free time. With this last week as my finals week the only free time she really had was from 9:30-12 or thereabouts. Amelia has really proved with this books that she is the best. There's no other way around it.Jonah has been pretty good through the whole thing, so really... I guess it hasn't been too much of a chore with him.

Well, tangent to what I've been writing about is this paper my little brother wrote for his english class. It's pretty funny, so I'm posting it here:

DMS
Brackeen MWF 9 AM

Definition of My Best Friend

I have the best best friend available. He is incredible in so many different ways. Not only is he sharp, smart, charismatic, caring, talented, kind, witty, good looking, and completely humble, but he is also a faithful friend. My best friend’s most valuable qualities can be grouped into three qualities: how he understands me, is my greatest fan, and has always been there for me.

One of my greatest desires is to be understood. Being misunderstood means looking like an imbecile in public; having my ideas and opinions criticized as immature and unimportant. My best friend has always understood me. First, he knows who I am. He knows my circumstance, my upbringing, my religious beliefs, and respects all of those crucial factors that make up who I am. My best friend can make my wildest dreams sound like feasible realities. He makes my opinions sound brilliant. He can even make my jokes sound funny. My friend’s ability to help me feel understood supplies me with a great sense of self-confidence to share my opinions.

Being an aspiring musician as I am, it is crucial to have a solid fan base. Though many have accepted and later rejected my music and other artistic attempts throughout the years, my best friend has been the most loyal of fans. Whenever I have created a new song, played at a concert, or tried to record an album, he has been right by my side to encourage me. Perhaps his greatest contribution has been his constructive criticism. I do not acquiesce well with those that freely give deconstructive criticism. My friend has always been one to tell me if something I create does not make sense, but always follows up with ideas and suggestions on how to improve. He makes my songs sound like they should be on every radio station in the world, and he makes my live performances into unforgettable events for all who attend. Indeed, my best friend is my biggest fan.

Finally, my best friend is qualified to be termed as such because he has always been a constant companion. As far back as I can remember he has been by my side. He has been with me for my childhood, my first dates and break-ups, during my two-year mission, and, most recently, throughout the beginning of my college career. He has been such a valuable constant in my life, always willing to listen to my ranting and to offer his crucial, all-knowing wisdom when I have needed it most.

I wish that everyone could have a best friend as incredible as mine. The guy is absolutely the best person I have ever met. Just as well as he knows me, I know everything about him. To some it might sound egotistical, to others it might just sound crazy, but the reason my friend and I know so much about each other is because we are literally inseparable. After all, my best friend is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home