Friday, May 05, 2006

Free Chicken

Have you ever been approached by girl scouts, or D.A.R.E, or some other organization trying to sell you something on your way out of a store? Every now and then I get a targeted for something like that, and I never spend my time on it. If I had a 10 foot pole, it would be between me and them on my to my car.

Yesterday we went to Sam's. Jonah and Amelia were in the car so I headed in on my own. I picked up our pictures and on my way out saw an employee from the deli with a tray full of rotissere cooked chickens. I thought, "Man... this guy's going to try and sell a chicken to me on my way out of the store. I have to come up with something to bat him off." As I approaced the lady who checks receipts, the guy looks at me and says, "Do you want a chicken? They're free." I immediately started rubbing my stomach and and in a true cop-out voice said, "Ohhh... No man, I'm so full! Thanks anyway." Then I realized he said it was free... My contenance changed, I stopped faking it and said, "Wait! Did you say that was free?" He replied kind shocked that I was trying to be so fake, "Yea, it's free!" "Ok," I said, "I'll take one!". After the lady finished with my receipt I said, "I was going to have some fun but it was free!"

Oh yea, we waited in line behind this guy at wal-mart that price matched almost everything he bought. We got in line just after 7, and didn't get out until 7:40. One good thing about it was watching his crazy kids. I feel proud that I got them singing 'No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home